Foundry Forward
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you want?

3 posters

Go down

What do you want? Empty What do you want?

Post  Pendra Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 am

Do you want to create a series of loosely connected stories like regular series?
Do you aim for a complete saga or arc like Babylon 5?
Do you continue where the STO story left off?
Do you want to create a "parallel universe" where the STO story didn't happen?
Do you want to add some web 2.0 interactivity or keep it "TV"?
Do you want war?
Do you want peace?
Do you want canon?
Do you want realism?
Do you want light hearted?
Do you want serious and dark?

Pendra

Back to top Go down

What do you want? Empty Re: What do you want?

Post  AJStoner Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 am

Well, I have very deliberately avoided getting too much into this thus far because I want to gather a good core of folk and get everyone's input. I have some strong opinions about where we should go but don't want to come-off as dictating the direction of the project.

Ideally: I would love to do a full 26 episode season though I think we should shoot for 5 missions which leave the door open for expansion. This way we aren't biting off more than we can chew but have room to expand if it works out. I think we should also have an ambitious goal for the longer term incarnation of the project, something like telling the story of the end of the Federation/Klingon war.

1) It makes little sense that the two major powers in the Alpha Quadrant would be at each other's throats given how they are under siege from all side by outside forces bent on everyone's destruction: The Undine, the Iconians, the Dominion is still a real potential threat, especially if the AQ become weakened by prolonged warfare.

2) Since they intend to introduce the Romulans as a playable faction who are working peacefully with both these powers the war will need to be ended by the time this happens--let's get ahead of the curve there. Plus, if we do an exceptional job we may get Cryptic to "canonize" our efforts since they clearly don't have the time and/or inclination to add story content. Let's take up those reigns and bring the Foundry to the fore of this game. I believe that if we can do something really professional we can advance the cause of the Foundry by leaps and bounds.

3) Successful in this, we will be in a position to start making actual demands on Cryptic as far as refining this tool. ST is an ip like no other; it is a force of nature in western culture that elicits fanatical loyalty and dedication. Look at the sheer amount of fan fiction that exists for it. This game could be all about the Foundry and I say we do what we can to lead it that way.
AJStoner
AJStoner
Admin

https://foundryforward.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Cryptic will not grant or give squat whatever you, or we do. I know it. Forget about that. Really, I know what I'm talking about. If that is a motivation then this thing is destined to doom.

Noone play STO for the story mainly because it is so poor to begin with. This means people who enjoy and appreciate a good story are not here but someplace else. Nifty stories will be downgraded because the grinder crowd lacks the necessary higher brain functions to understand what is going on. IP, well STO is a lot closer to the JJVerse than to "Your father's Star Trek".

Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniela Wildcat Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Greetings all.

Why don't create an own independend race/faction and build your own story arc around them? This way you don't have to care much about canon, copyright and audience and you can easily provide the same mission for both existing and eventually later coming new factions.

This would also raise the 'recall of brand value' or 'recognition value' for every player (sorry for my bad english).

I would also suggest to use a shared account for this - no matter that Cryptic/PW is against this, it would make such a project much easier. Beside the shared account which is solely used for the main story arc every author can independently create their own 'side missions' around the main story and the main story can easilly ported into other languages which opens it up to a much larger player base because each client only lists missions of the same language, e.g. the german STO client is only listing german language foundry missions.

Daniela Wildcat

Back to top Go down

Post  AJStoner Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 am

I put in a request to be allowed a shared account for this very purpose. Still waiting to hear back.
AJStoner
AJStoner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 am

I'd not hold my breath for an answer.

Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  AJStoner Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm harranging branflakes. It's worth asking at least.
AJStoner
AJStoner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum